Sleep is vital but our minds sabotage our sleep.
There are 3 great tips I read in Medium.
- Write down everything you can think about that’s worrying you before you go to sleep. Scribble. It doesn’t matter what it reads like. Just write. Then slam the book closed and pack it in the drawer. Done!
- Practice your breath – in for the count of 4, hold for 2, out for 6 to 8, hold for 2 and repeat. focus only on your breath. When the mind moves, gently bring it back to your breath.
- If you still can’t sleep, focus on not worrying about whether you are going to fall asleep or not. Remember that if you relax and breathe, it is the same as sleeping. Not really. But you can fool your brain.
- One trick I read from Medium article, Choose a work, like any word with at least 5 letters, say Scapegoat – then start with the first letter and think of as many words as you can starting with the letter S, then move do C, then A, and so on. I find this works very well. It tricks the brain. An overactive brain needs exercise and this has helped me fall asleep.
- Whenever I have a problem falling asleep, I do the Evening Qi-Gong exercise. Very easy. Can even be lazy and do in bed. Daily Program and Ways to Calm Down.
- Here are more tips. Sleep Tips.
Take care. You are worth it.